Interview Builder was developed to help your organization quickly train your hiring managers how to conduct a structured, legally defensible interview and make hiring decisions based on demonstrated performance, not gut instinct.
Interview Builder contains two components;
- A learning component that allows users to complete the self-paced training in approximately 1.5 hours. Many chapters include brief video clips to reinforce the topic. Topics include;
- Understanding the difference between a traditional and a behavioral interview
- Why traditional interview questions provide little information
- Understanding the benefit of a structured interview
- How to control the interview to get the information you need
- How to use competencies for selection
- How to conduct a legally-defensible interview (includes video clips)
- The importance of question relevance to legal defensibility
- Understanding how biases can lead to faulty hiring decisions
- How to stop overselling and become a strong buyer
- How to ask questions about fit with team and culture
- Understanding rating errors and how to minimize them
- Rating applicants against the job requirements, not each other
- What questions to ask during a phone screen
- How to use Interview Builder to quickly create interview questions
- How to use Interview Builder to create technical questions
- How to test the offer to identify an applicant’s motivation for the job
2. A tool to help you build your interview questions in 3 easy steps.
- Ability to create a job-specific interview in approximately 15 minutes
- Includes 31 competencies to target any job requirement
- Three easy steps to create a job-specific interview packet
- Ability to edit interview questions to make them relevant to your tasks
- Ability to drag and drop questions in order of importance
- Ability to save your interview packet to your desktop
- Instructions for opening and managing expectations
- Instructions on how to close the interview and next steps
Interview Builder automatically assembles the final interview packet when you click Print Interview.
A structured interview allows you to conduct a thorough, legally defensible interview and select the applicant who can do the job, has the motivation for the job and will fit with your culture, management style and team.
The structured questions allow you to listen to the applicant’s response instead of trying to think of your next question and allow you to make an apples-to-apples hiring decision.
Interview Builder makes it easy to hire high performers that will positively impact your business.
Please call for pricing. 913-219-7700